When I was a kid, my mother used to prepare Luchi a lot. On every Sunday morning & whenever there is some guest, she will definitely prepare Luchi. So in our area - the small place Nutanpara, my mmother was famous as Luchi-Lady. It was a kind of tradition for our family to serve guests with Luchi :). Now a days, I prepare Luchi when I am having fever or in weekends :)
I first prepared when I was in class IX or X. One of the very old friends of my Baba came on that day & my mother was in school. So my Baba/Dad told me to prepare tea & omelet. But I prepared Luchi (to impress my Dad as well as my Ma). Long story short, my Baba was very happy as we were able to serve Luchi in spite of my mothers absence.
Here the way she used to prepare. One more thing, these Luchis go gret with Ghugni. The recipes are given below.
Maida - 500 gms.
Sugar - 1tea spoon
Salt - to taste
Oil to fry.
1. Sieve the maida well with salt, sugar and place in a flat dish.
2. Make a bay in the center and put a little of oil for leavening.
3. Add cold water and make a stiff dough.
4. Make roundels of 15 gms and form dough.
5. Roll out on an oily surface into thin discs.
6. Briskly fry in smoking oil till puffed up and turn over.
7. Serve hot.
Chick peas - 250gm
Onion - 4 (medium / 2 for paste, 2 for slicing)
Garlic paste - 2 tbs
Ginger paste - 1tbs
Turmeric Powder - 1tbs
Cumin powder - 1tbs
Coriander powder - 1tbs
Chilly Powder - 2tbs
Green Chilly - 2
Tomato - 1 large
Potato - 1 large
Salt to taste
Sugar - 1tbs
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight, so that they become soft easily. Even after soaking also you have to put them in pressure cooker for 4-5 whistles.Add little bit salt while in cooker.After that drain that water.
2. Now heat a pan with mustard oil. Add garlic paste and then add the onions paste & slices.
3. Add chopped green chilies and fry the onions till they become soft.
4. Now add potato pieces & tomatoes and stir for 2 min in medium flame.
5. Now add the cooked peas in the pan. Increase the flame a bit and fry this whole mixture properly.
6. After 5 min of frying, add turmeric powder,cumin powder,coriander powder, chilly powder and ginger paste in it. Again stir properly so that masala can mix properly.
7. After frying all the peas and masalas, now add water. Add sugar & salt.
8. Now cook for 5-7 min in high flame.
9. Finally add garam masala just before finishing.Stire it properly.You can garnish it with chopped onions and chopped coriander. Even you can also add chopped green chili.