Friday, August 24, 2012

Apple Chutney

This is one more variant of Chutney which I prepared the other day.


Chutney refers to a wide-ranging family of condiments from South Asian cuisine that usually contain some mixture of spice(s) and vegetable(s) and/or fruit(s). There are many varieties of chutney. A virtually limitless number of chutneys can be made from almost any combination of vegetables, fruits, herbs and spices. Chutneys are usually grouped into either sweet or hot forms; both forms usually contain various spices, including chili, but differ by their main flavors.

Hope you like this flavor & give me your feedback :)
If you like my recipes, then please join my blog by clicking here.




Ingredients:

1 tblsp panch phoron
1/2 kg sugar
salt to taste
1 tsp oil
1/2 kg apples
Kismis & kaju to garnish

Method:

1. Wash, remove skin and grate the apples.
2. Heat up oil in a pan, add panch phoron.
3. When it starts to crackle add apples and cook.
4. Add sugar along with a little salt and a little water if required.
5. Stir till it is thick.
6. Garnish with kismis & kaju over the chutney. Or you may garnish with the removed skin, as I did.
If you like my recipes, then please join my blog by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment