Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Corn Fish

Last weekend, I was at my friend's house. I took some corns with me (because I saw some fresh corns in the road while going to their place). So I thought to prepare the fish, which they bought one day before, with corn. I had no idea what spices I should use, but on my way of preparing the food, I decided about the ingredients which I needed. Yes, I do not follow any recipe most of the time!

Any way, this time, the fish with corn, came out very well & so here's the recipe.
But unfortunately, I could not take the photo. So I'll come up with a photo, when I'll prepare it next time.

Ingredients

Corn - 1/2 (big)
Fish - 500gm (Rohu, Hilsa or any big fish)
Cumin seeds - 1tbs
Coriander powder - 1tbs
Turmeric powder - 1tbs
Nigella seeds - 1tea spoon
Green Chilly - 2
Dhania Patta - 1/2 cup (chopped)
Onion - 1 big
Garam Masala - 1tbs
Salt
Oil
Water

Method

1. Take one whole fish and wash. After removing the head cut into steaks about 3/4 inch thick. Remove the scales. Rub 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 tea spoon of salt all over the pieces. Fry a little in hot oil in a pan.

2. Grind to a fine paste the corn seeds, 5 green chilies and 1/2 tea spoon of salt in an electric grinder. You will need to add water about 2tbs.

3. Mix coriander powder and turmeric powder with 3 table-spoon of water.

4. Heat oil in a non-stick thick bottom pan. Add cumin seeds, nigella seeds and green chilies and after about 1/2minute add onion slices; when the onions become soft add the masala powder mixture and fry with stirring for about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the corn paste. Keep the flame low.

5. When the paste becomes little bit dry and fried, add water. Now higher the flame. When the curry starts to boil add the fishes. After 5mins add garam masala and.turn down the heat.

6. Garnish wth dhania patta and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment