Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Green Luchi


Last night I tried to prepare one Italian dish. But the first attempt did not come out very well because of my measurement-mistake & R's "want to have plain curry"-mood. Anyway, I was not happy with the dinner. So, to cheer up that "not-happy-dinner" mood, I came out with this crispy Indian food. This breakfast made our day.

The Independence Day special was my Green Luchi. This one went well with egg-bhurji. The crispy taste of spinach came out very well & the taste was unexpectedly yummie. Have you ever tasted those "50-50 Crack-Jack" biscuits? You can get that taste here.

Hope to get some feedback if you like it :)
If you like my recipes, then please join my blog by clicking here.



Ingredients:

Maida - 400 gms.
Spinach Puree- 1 cup
Potato (boiled & smashed) - 2 medium sized
Sugar
Salt - to taste
Oil to fry.

Direction 

1. Sieve the maida well with salt, sugar and place in a flat dish. 
2. Make a bay in the center and put a little of oil for leavening. 
3. Add Spinach puree & smashed potato. Add cold water and make a stiff dough. 
4. Make roundels of 15 gms and form dough. 



5. Roll out on an oily surface into thin discs. 
6. Briskly fry in smoking oil till puffed up and turn over. 
7. Serve hot.

If you like my recipes, then please join my blog by clicking here.






Linking: Monsoon Of India and JCO.


1 comment:

  1. My friend Yambem's son Boon (2 & 1/2 yrs old)is very choosy with foods just like other kids. So she tried this one (with doubt), but Boon liked it. I am really happy!

    ReplyDelete