Friday, August 3, 2012

Mochar Kabab/Banana Flower Kabab

It s a very common vegetable used in our home, Kolar Mocha. In our local market, back in home-town, it is a common vegetable you will find in a certain period of year. But here, in local markets, I could not find it last year. This year luckily, on my way to my house, I saw it. I was surprised & overwhelmed. I brought a big one prepared two different recipes. One of them I am posting here. In my next post, I'll write about the other one.



So here is the recipe for Mochar Kabab. Hope you will try & give me some feedback.

Ingredients
Flower of Banana (or Mocha): One
2 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
oil for deep frying

Method

1. For this you need the innermost conical part of banana blossom which is not possible to peel further.
2. Cut the conical part from the stem and boiled the whole thing in water for few minutes with added lemon juice.
3. Mash the banana blossom coarsely and keep aside.
4. Add maida, salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder, grated mushroom and mix well.
5. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into small kebabs.
6. Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the kebabs till they turn golden brown from all the sides.
7. Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot.




Is there anyone reading these posts, or, I am on my own. Please give some feedback or some comment so that I can understand someone is there too :).
See ya!




Linking: Monsoon Of India and JCO.

2 comments:

  1. now not simplest the writing however also the creativeness power of creator of this blog is surely swish. Use of terminology seemed great as i'm also a creator but i'm not able to find out any mistakes after studying this text. Japanese noodle in twin cities

    ReplyDelete