Thursday, October 4, 2012

Eggplant Mixture

The spinach khichdi does not need any side dish, but to increase the expectation level of my "already-highly-expected" friend, I prepared this. He called me from his office (could not wait to finish tiffin!) & said something (he was so happy that I barely understood his words, a good sign!). So I though to post this recipe too. It is very common in my home, my mother prepares it the best. I tried & it was good, reminded me of my mother's cooking (sigh!).





Ingredients:
(for 2)

Eggplant - 1, small
Potato - 2, medium - half boiled
Capsicum - 1, small
Onion - 1, medium-chopped
Garlic - 4-5flakes, chopped
Ginger paste - 1tsp
Onion seeds - 1tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2tsp
Soya sauce - 1tsp (optional)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1/2cup, chopped
Chilly - 1, small, cut & take out the seeds
Salt & Sugar to taste

Method:

1. Peel the potatoes. Cut into medium cubes all the vegetables (don't forget to take out the white portions & seeds of capsicum). Wash & keep aside.

2. Heat oil in a kadai. Add onion seeds & as they start to splatter add the chopped garlic, followed by onions. Cook in low heat.

3. After 1-2mins add the potato & capsicum cubes. Add salt, sugar, coriander & turmeric powders. Toss a little. Cover the pan & cook for 3mins. Keep checking.

4. When the potato & capsicum pieces are 99% done, add the eggplant cubes. Now mix the vegetables properly. Check the salt, you may add if you need. Cover & cook for 3mins. Uncover & again mix the vegetables properly. After 2mins, add soya sauce (optional) & the coriander leaves & cook for 2mins again.

5. You may have this with my Spinach-Khichdi, just like me :)



No comments:

Post a Comment