Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Daal with Eggplant

These days are really going fast & I hardly find time to post my recipes. There are so may things I want to share. Now just waiting for February, hope to get some free time then.

Here is one of my favorite dish - Begun diye Muger Daal (Sona moong daal with Eggplant). I first had this in my Boromami's house. My Boromami, Geeta Sengupta, a housemaker, a very good cook, always tries to prepare the same daily food in a different tasty way. I miss her food, here is one for her.






Ingredients:
1 Eggplant
1/2 cup sona moong daal
1/2 tspn turmeric powder
1 tbspn oil
1/2 tspn cumin seeds
1/2 tspn grated ginger
1 bay leaf
1/2 tspn ghee

2 cups of water
Salt to taste

sugar

Recipe:
1. Cut eggplant into medium pieces. Heat oil in a kadai & shallow fry the eggplant pieces.

2. Pressure cook the daal with 2 cups of water, salt and turmeric powder until done. Wait for 10 minutes for the pressure to release.

3. Heat the oil in the pan, add cumin seeds and allow to pop-up.

4. Add the ginger and bay leaf, stir for a minute.

5. Add the ghee and pour the daal over it & cook on high heat. If required you can add more water. When bubble starts to appear, add the fried eggplants. Add sugar & salt (if salt is required). Cook on low heat for 5-7 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment